Production Supervisor – Springdale, AR
Company is a Lean Manufacturing System environment
Available to work flexible shifts (to include different days and times).
Primary Purpose of Position:
Supervises the production department as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
· Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
· Supervises and coordinates the employees and activities of the production function to ensure safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping standards are met or exceeded.
· Facilitates the on-the-job training and development of subordinates skills to ensure a continued high level of production and morale.
· Facilitates communications and dissemination of information between crew operations.
· Maintains production, spoilage, and downtime records.
· Leads problem solving sessions to solve production, quality and safety issues.
· Responsible for monitoring machine parts and supplies for production equipment as needed to maintain their good working order.
· Evaluates products to ensure compliance with established quality standards.
· Reviews production schedules to ensure an optimization of set up changes.
· Furnishes work orders and schedules for maintenance corrective action.
· Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
· Broad experience usually acquired through working in a manufacturing plant.
· Related college degree preferred.
· Experience with LEAN Operating Systems and Practices (5s, Single-Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) and problem solving).
· Job related experience for 2 years minimum.
· Experience leading continuous improvement projects.
· Working knowledge of the following areas:
· Generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
· Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
· Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Company manuals.
· Ability to operate and functionally use the computer to include proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
· Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate, and pay attention to detail.
· Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data in order to make recommendations.
· Works in both office and manufacturing environments.
· This position is exposed to occupational hazards including, but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, etc.
· Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection, clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety practices.
Company offers comprehensive benefits packages, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and retirement