Food Safety & Sanitation Manager – Springdale, AR
$70 – 105K (+) DOE
The Food Safety & Sanitation Manager oversees the execution of corporate and local company policies, procedures, and training elements in three key areas of responsibility to include food safety, food plant sanitation and occupational health and safety. The individual in this position will effectively work with division management to ensure that key food safety / sanitation / health & safety objectives and goals are achieved. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager with a dotted line report to the Director - Food Sanitation & Hygiene, Corporate Safety Director.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
· Execute all corporate food safety related strategies, policies and procedures at the plant level. Effectively communicate and work with all related departments to identify food safety hazards and to effectively mitigate food safety risks.
· Manage and direct critical elements of the Food Safety Plan including preventive controls and prerequisite programs as they relate to sanitation and allergen control to include monitoring and verification activities.
· Routinely audit food safety practices to evaluate performance and compliance; provide objective feedback to plant management to address opportunities for improvement.
· Ensure compliance with local, state and federal food safety laws including applicable parts of the Code of Federal Regulations, FDA Food Code and Good Manufacturing Practices Regulations.
· Participate and assist in external auditing schemes such as GFSI - BRC / SQF requirements including various customer / 3rd party audit expectations. Analyze audit results; implement corrective actions as required to address audit non-conformances.
· Food Plant Sanitation:
· Assist in the planning, supervising, and administration of sanitation programs, policies and practices designed to ensure plant cleanliness and regulatory compliance.
· Conduct effective, risk-based sanitation audits to identify gaps and improvement opportunities to ensure food safety and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, company policies / procedures and customer expectations.
· Monitor, verify and validate equipment cleaning methods including recommendations to meet plant sanitation and microbiological objectives. Oversee plant sanitation and environmental pathogen control.
· Address sanitation requirements using Master Cleaning Schedules (MCS) and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP). Conduct necessary training to address sanitation / hygiene / GMP compliance.
· Oversee and direct activities related to pest control including monitoring, recordkeeping, exclusion practices and treatment programs.
· Occupational Health & Safety:
· Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local safety standards and regulations including industry best practices. Responsible for OSHA compliance and workplace safety including required training programs.
· Directs and assists with the investigation of workplace accidents/injuries and near-misses. Oversees the preparation of accident reports including root-cause analysis, identification of causal factors and recommended corrective actions. Oversees the implementation of corrective actions.
· Develop and maintain workplace safety procedures and policies, and design, develop and deliver related training to meet the needs and initiatives of the organization.
· Reduces workers’ compensation claims and associated costs through the prevention of workplace accident/injuries.
· Perform additional duties or assignments as needed.
· Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Environmental Health or related Science field.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in food plant operations, food safety, sanitation and or pest control.
· Strong knowledge of food safety systems and practices related to food hygiene, sanitation, SSOPs, GMPs.
· Experience with OSHA, EPA and other regulations and standards such as NFPA, NIOSH.
· Excellent team building, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) and Lotus Notes.
· Ability to work within a food plant environment without restrictions.
· Minimum two years supervisory / auditing / regulatory experience in a food manufacturing environment.
· Professional development - Certifications in Food Safety, HACCP and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
· Working knowledge of GFSI standards; internal, or lead auditor certification (SQF, BRC, FSSC22000).
Apply Online @ www.1stemployment.net (select Professional Branch)
call/visit us at:
1148 Stearns Street
Fayetteville, AR 72703
1st Employment is an EOE
Job ID: 39595