Accounting Clerk – Payables – Bentonville, AR
Temp to Perm
$14 - $18hr DOE
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for processing and paying all invoices. The role will have no supervisory responsibilities but does require a self-motivated individual who can effectively manage inter-departmental communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Processes International and Domestic Accounts payable which includes high volume data entry and invoice processing.
• Records vendor Payments (International Wire, Credit Cards, ACH, Checks).
• Reconciles payments against general ledger.
• Works closely with Purchasing Manager to resolve factory issues.
• Assists in Accounts Receivable as needed.
• Audits freight bills against freight manifests.
• Answers all vendor inquiries.
• Assists in monthly closings.
• Assists special projects, as necessary.
• Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Acts with strong ethical integrity in all situations, upholding the company’s Mission, Vision, and Value Statements
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
• Expert in Excel, Intermediate knowledge of Word and other MS Office products.
• Strong attention to detail including handling confidential information and uses exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• Team and results oriented with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Knowledge to include: Financial acumen of approved accounting methods, and Ethical business practices
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
• Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
• Initiative and team player.
• Ability to calculate basic mathematical computations.
Education and Qualifications
• Two-year degree in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
• General Ledger accounting experience
Apply Online and (select Professional Branch)
Or call us at: 479-717-2910
**1st Employment is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Job ID: 55805